The update from Damascus and its suburbs is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* Electricity service gradually returns to Damascus after a blackout in the capital that began at 7:00AM.
* Heavy [regime] bombardment continues on Jobar district; regime forces assault the Southern Highway near Zamalka and Jobar, results in injuries and destroys a mosque and several buildings.
* Five killed in regime attacks on the town of Jedaydat al-Fadel. The FSA resists the regime’s attempts to invade the town, destroying a tank.
* Regime forces renew rocket bombardment on the city of Zamalka, as clashes [between the army and the FSA] occur near the Southern Highway.
* The bombardment continues on the town of Spayneh.