The update from Damascus and its suburbs is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* A bomb targeted Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi’s convoy in the Western Villas section of Mezzeh this morning. The blast resulted in the death of one of his bodyguards, but al-Halqi survived the attack. The regime media published a video tape dated today of al-Halqi’s dialogue with the press about economic issues, without mentioning the explosion, which killed a number of passers-by as well.
* Three mortars land on al-Fahameh neighborhood near the army checkpoint in the area.
* The campaign by regime forces against the downtown area in Barzeh continues with heavy mortar, tanks and rocket bombardment that resulted in large-scale property damage. The army used DshK heavy machine guns and anti-aircraft machine guns, which burned residential buildings. Clashes occurred around the area, but shabiha failed to invade it.
* The siege on al-Yarmouk Camp continues for the 3rd day, as people are not allowed in or out. [Regime forces] renew the mortar bombardment on the camp.
* Renewed mortar bombardment on Qabon district.
* [Syrian] air force targets several areas in Eastern Ghouta.
* A number of injuries in regime rocket bombardment on al-Mouadamiya.
* The FSA destroys a T72 tank near the town of Kisa in Eastern Ghouta.
* Choppers and warplanes bomb the town of Shabaa.
* Air force targets the downtown area in Darayya.
* Syrian air force targets the surroundings of Zamalka with exploding barrels, killing one man and injuring a number of people.
* The FSA destroys a tank after the regime attempts to invade the town of Bait Jin.