The mid-day news update is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* A large explosion occurred in the parking lot of the Investment and Finance Authority near Seba Bahrat Square. The sound was heard all over Damascus. Fifteen deaths and 47 injuries have been reported by the state media so far, which includes students at a neighboring school. The explosion caused widespread damages at the Central Bank and the surrounding buildings.
* A car bomb [Mercedes] explodes at Nazeer Salem Street between Samden Square and Bernieh Street. No casualties have been reported.
* Mortar and artillery bombardment continues on Qabon district.
* Heavy mortar and artillery bombardment on al-Yarmouk Camp and al-Tadamon district.
* Machine guns and heavy weapons were used in heavy clashes between the FSA and government forces near the police station.
* Heavy rocket and artillery bombardment on Darayya. The attacks came from regime divisions nearby.