The mid-day news update is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* Renewed attempts by regime forces to invade central Barzeh, after it was heavily bombed by tanks and anti-aircraft machine guns.
* Warplanes strike the industrial area. The area between Jobar and Qaboon was bombed with mortars as well.
* Three killed and several injured in car bomb at Kiswa railway area. Search campaign of homes and businesses by regime forces followed the explosion.
* Heavy rocket bombardment targets the city of Duma.
* Regime forces artillery and rocket bombardment targets the city of Harasta, as clashes occurred at several checkpoints on the international highway near the city.
* Fierce clashes occur between the FSA and regime forces on the western frontline of Darayya, as regime forces attempt to invade the city. Meanwhile, the downtown area and the western frontline were bombed with all types of heavy weapons.
* The Air Force bombs the farms near THAMICO pharmaceuticals in Melayha.
* Fierce clashes between the FSA and regime forces occur near the town of Shabaa in Eastern Ghouta, as the regime tried to invade it. The town was bombed by tanks.