The mid-day news update is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* Renewed mortar and artillery bombardment on the downtown area in Barzeh. The industrial area in Qaboon was bombed with mortars as well.
* Heavy shooting from al-Wihdat checkpoint near the Police Academy. The firing results in shattered windows in some cars and houses. No casualties have been reported.
* A large blast occurs this morning on Harasta highway. Smoke was seen above the highway.
* Car bomb explodes in the town of Spayneh, results in the collapse of an entire building and parts of 2 other buildings. Several people have been killed or injured.
* Heavy artillery and mortar bombardment on the town of Shabaa in Eastern Ghouta, as the FSA resists regime attempts to invade the town.
* Heavy rocket and artillery bombardment on the towns and cities of Ayen Tarma, Irbin, Harasta, Zamalka, Darayya, Moadamiyah and Sahbaa.
* Bombardment on the eastern mountain of the Deir Atieh city, and Madaya.
* Fierce clashes occur near the cities of Darayya and Moadamiyah, the town of Shabaa and the Southern Highway near Zamalka, Irbin and Ayen Tarma.