The update from Damascus and its suburbs is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* Syrian Air Force executes several airstrikes on Jobar district and the industrial area in Qabon.
* Mortar bombardment on several areas in Barzeh.
* The FSA destroys a T72 tank on Kodsaiya road.
* Regime forces renew the bombardment on the towns of Drocha, Khan a-Sheikh, and clashes continue around Drocha.
* One killed and a number of people injured in regime artillery bombardment on Zamalka.
* Injuries and large property damage in airstrikes on the town of Hazzah.
* The regime hints at options to respond to Israel after airstrikes hit locations inside Syria. Syrian state television said Damascus has allowed Palestinians factions to attack Israel in Golan.
* French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius calls for a “political solution” to the Syrian conflict, as the West finds the use of chemical weapons by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s forces more probable. Fabius said in Hong Kong that “the situation in Syria is a real tragedy” that has reached neighboring countries such as Lebanon and Jordan. He added, “The crisis is no longer local, but regional.”