The update from Damascus and its suburbs is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* The capital is relatively calm. There were some sounds of clashes near Souq al-Hal [New Market] and al-Zablatani. Snipers were firing from the March 8 Establishment. Renewed artillery bombardment on Barzeh downtown.
* Four mortars land on al-Siyouf Square in Jaramana city, injuring 4 and causing property damage.
* Heavy Shilka tank bombardment on the city of Mouadamiyah from Regiment 555. The city was bombed by the Air Force.
* Regime forces bomb al-Fakhora checkpoint in Barada Valley, with artillery and warplanes, after it was captured by the FSA Wednesday.
* Regime forces bomb the towns of Khan a-Shieh and Drotcha in Western Ghouta with mortars and artillery.
* Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu accuses Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Wednesday of moving to Plan B in his war against the opposition fighters. [The plan] is “ethnic cleansing” in some Syrian areas. The FM told the Turkish daily Hurriyet: “I’ve explained this issue to the American Secretary of State that the Baniyas massacre is a new phase of the regime’s attacks.” He was referring to a phone call he had with his American counterpart. He added: “What is worrisome about the Baniyas massacre is that the regime turns to ethnic cleansing in particular areas, when they lose control over the entire country.”
* British Prime Minister David Cameron says there’s “a growing body of limited but persuasive information showing that the regime has used, and continues to use, chemical weapons including sarin.”