The update from Damascus and its suburbs is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* Internet service suspension continues across most of Syria since last night.
* The capital is relatively calm; the usual sounds of heavy bombardment are not being heard. Sounds of far-off clashes were heard near the capital.
* Heavy artillery bombardment on the town of Zamalka. The minaret of a-Rahma Mosque was destroyed by several shells.
* Regime mortar bombardment targets the town of al-Ziabieh, and the surroundings of Rankos and Mouadamiyah.
* Fierce clashes occur near the town of Yalda, from the side of al-Slaikieh and Sidi Makdad.
* Fierce clashes occur THAMICO pharmaceuticals building in Melayha.