The mid-day news update is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* [Government] renews heavy mortar bombardment on al-Yarmouk Camp and other districts in southern Damascus.
* Regime forces bombs the industrial area at Qabon district with artillery.
* [Government] renews the district of Jobar with mortars, rockets and artillery.
* Regime forces surround the town of Hafer al-Foqah, using tanks and Shilkas, and bombs residential buildings. The regime forces also made random arrests and imposed a curfew spreading panic among citizens. FSA wrecked an armored vehicle.
* Regime forces bomb the town of Zamalka with rockets. Heavy clashes [between the FSA and the army] simultaneously occurred near the Southern Highway.
* The government’s bombardment continues on the city of Darayya. An army force, made of 7 tanks, 4 armored vehicles can several cars mounted with machine guns in addition to transfer soldiers, makes a new attempt for the fifth month to recapture the city under siege. The city suffers severe shortage of food and medical supplies.
* [Government] executes an airstrike on the town of Spaineh in addition to heavy mortar and artillery bombardment.
* Regime forces bomb the town of Zabadani with heavy artillery.
* Washington says they do not prefer to grant Syria’s seat at the UN to the Syrian opposition.
* Damascus rejects UN General Secretary Ban Ki Moon’s plea for expanding the investigation of chemical weapons use in battles between the Syrian regime and the armed opposition. Damascus considers that the additional tasks of the investigation commission cross its sovereignty, hinting to the UN investigations in Iraq prior to the American invasion.