* Anti-Assad Lebanese daily Al-Nahar reports the Islamic State of Iraq and Sham is holding Father Paolo Dall’Oglio. Meanwhile, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights slammed the opposition for issuing statements calling for his release without implementing a coordinated and sustained effort on the ground to insure his safety.
* Syrian National Coalition calls on Cairo to immediately release all Syrian detainees after Human Rights Watch charges that Egyptians have arrested hundreds of Syrians, including minors.
* UN and Jordanian officials say new refugee camp will open soon in the eastern city of Azraq as Syrians say access to kingdom has become increasingly restricted.
* SANA claims Syrian army units destroy rebel vehicles loaded with weapons originating from Jordan and going to Outer Daraa.
* Online newspaper Zaman al-Wasil reports Syrian authorities released writer Samir Roudwan. Officials say he was detained on criminal instead of political charges.