* SANA: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad tell the American network Fox that “Syria will commit to all the requirements to join the chemical weapons proliferation agreement, accepting the Russian initiative based on Syria’s need and convictions.”
* Activists say that Al-Qaeda offshoot the Islamic State in Iraq and Sham has seized control of the town of Azaz in Aleppo from the FSA.
* SANA News: Assad met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Wednesday and expressed his appreciation for Russia’s support for Syria, explaining that these positions “revive hope” to draw a new map reflecting more international balance in the region. Lavrov emphasized Russia’s consistent position toward the “crisis” in Syria, adding that the Syria issue became “a priority for Russia.”
* The head of the Oil Workers’ Union in Damascus, Ali Mar’i, told the semi-official Al-Watan newspaper that “the current indicators presage a serious fuel crises that is coming next winter,” adding that “management until now can’t provide a substitute headquarters or alternative fuel tanks because they were destroyed by terrorists,” according to Al-Watan.
* Jabhat a-Nusra and Ahrar al-Sham attack Kfr Anan Alawite village in Homs, according to Syrian Observatory.