The update from Damascus and its suburbs is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* Renewed bombardment on Jobar. Snipers based in the March 8th Establishment fire on the district. Sounds of fierce clashes are being heard near al-Hal market in Zablatani.
* Regime forces target Qabon with rocket-launchers. Several people were injured, including children.
* Renewed regime mortar bombardment on al-Madnieh area in al-Kadam district.
* Fierce clashes between the FSA and regime forces in the district of Barzeh area, near Eish al-Warwar.
* Large numbers of regime forces deployed near al-Khansaa mosque in the prefabricated area in Barzeh residences. Our reporter says that regime forces have stormed the fruit market area.
* Regime forces targets the city of Duma with rocket-launchers.
* Clashes occur between the FSA and regime forces on al-Nabik Bridge. The FSA wrecked an army tank.
* Fierce clashes between the FSA and regime forces in the city of Darayya since the early morning. Huge regime reinforcements were sent to the southern frontline of the city, which was bombed with all types of weapons.
* The rocket and artillery bombing on the city of Mouadamiya continues. A number of people were killed, and residential buildings were damaged.
* Mortar bombardment targets Khan al-Sheikh Camp in the west.
* The Air Force targets the town of Melayha. Al-Nabik’s grapevines were bombed as well, and there was a renewed bombing on the city of Harasta.
Eastern Ghouta at around 2 pm Damascus time