The update from Damascus and its suburbs is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* The air force renews its raids on Qabon district, which was targeted by [government] artillery and mortars as well.
* Clashes [between the FSA and the army] occurred near Jobar, simultaneous with [regime] heavy mortar and rocket bombardment on the district. Two shells landed on al-Hal Market in al-Zablatani.
* [The army] bombs Barzeh with mortars. Clashes [between the FSA and the army] simultaneously occurred around the district.
* Heavy mortar bombardment near al-Waseem Mosque and on Street 15 [in al-Hajar al-Swad].
* Seven killed in an airstrike on Duma, behind al-Nasaan Mosque.
* Heavy regime bombardment continues on the towns and cities of the east side of Outer Damascus. Rocket launchers and heavy artillery targeted the towns of a-Nashabiya and Zamalka. The town of Yalda was subjected to heavy mortar bombardment.
* The air force targets the farms between the towns of Karah and Jarajeer.
* Heavy artillery bombardment on Khan a-Sheik.
* Commenting on Jordan’s decision to go to the UN Security Council to discuss the impact of Syrian refugees on its economy, Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour says that the Syrian crisis has become a threat to his country’s national security. Ensour stressed in his statement in front of the parliament that “all Jordanian institutions are ready to deal with any deterioration in Syria. We are ready for all possibilities and have taken all precautions to secure our interests.”