The mid-day news update is provided by Shahed News, a network of vetted Syrian citizen journalists providing independent, accurate and reliable news from Damascus and its suburbs.
* Heavy artillery bombardment on the districts of Barzeh and Jobar.
* Fierce clashes between the FSA and regime forces around Barzeh district.
* Renewed bombardment on al-Yarmouk Camp in the capital’s south.
* Warplanes bombs location near Harasta.
* Heavy rocket and artillery bombardment on the towns and cities of al-Bilaliyah, Deir Salman, a-Zamanieh, al-Kisa, al-Kasimiya, Hazarna, Irbin, Zamalka, Duma, Darayya, Mouadamiya, Khan a-Sheih camp, Yabrod, Jarad Afrah, a-Zabadani and the mountains around Barada Valley.
* Fierce clashes at Harasta gate, near the international highway. The FSA destroys a T72 tank, and an MBM carrier near the city. Clashes also occurred at the Southern Highway near Irbin.
* Clashes in the cities of Sayeda Zainab and Darayya.
* Coalition memberMoaz al-Khatib announces an initiative named, “Whoever saves a single soul – it is as if he had saved humanity entirely.” The initiative consists of 16 items, and is based on peaceful transition of authority by handing power over to Vice President Farouq al-Sharaa.